Plein Air Painters of the Bay of Fundy Painting Trip

In late July, I headed to New Brunswick, Canada, to paint for the Plein Air Painters of the Bay of Fundy annual show at Sunbury Shores in St. Andrews. I've been visiting New Brunswick since 2007 and painting with the group since 2010. I'm very grateful and honored to show with such a very talented group of artists. I drove up to New Brunswick after a show opening at Littlefield Gallery in Winter Harbor, Maine and stayed at the lovely historic  Blair House Heritage Breakfast Inn in St. Stephen and then on to the Clipper Shipp Beach Motel in Pocologan. I love the view from the rooms here, sunrise and moonrise on the Bay of Fundy and gently lapping waves as the amazing Fundy tides change. Each room has a kitchen, fully stocked, which saves a lot of time for me and a deck overlooking the beach. I had some fog, but very warm weather for the week and was able to paint six paintings for the show. The show opening reception was wonderfully attended and some folks that I met painting were there, I always meet the nicest people out painting and one couple from Poland, Maine, left a sweet hand painted rock for me on my deck chair! As I had to give the gallery a list of paintings for the show in May, I went prepared to paint the works on my list, location, size and medium...this was a fun new way to paint! I highly recommend it, and of course, I work best with a deadline, four and a half days to paint... Special thanks to Michael Chesley Johnson for again organizing the show and to Sunbury Shores!

"New River Beach 6" acrylic on canvas, 6 x 12, SOLD
"New River Beach 5" acrylic on canvas, 12 x 30
"Pocologan 6" acrylic on canvas, 6 x 12
"Irving Nature Park 1" acrylic on canvas, 12 x 16
"St. Andrews 1" acrylic on canvas, 6 x 12
"Pocologan 7" acrylic on canvas, 12 x 16