Monhegan Painting Trip

















In July, I was fortunate to spend a week on Monhegan Island painting with friends. We stayed at the Island Inn's Zimmie's House, a four bedroom home for artists to rent. The weather was really wonderful, some fog, cool, and warm all that one could expect from July on the Island. I was still just getting back to painting after two eye surgeries this year. My vision is great and it was wonderful to get back to painting. I decided to continue my "Painting Edges" series that had gone in a new direction from my Nova Scotia MECA Baie Ste. Marie Artist Residency. Instead of painting the painting edges, each strip is an original painting. I really enjoyed doing these from the porch at Zimmie's from my camera and phone pics and some reference photos from prior trips. I love painting on paper. We all had a great week, doing our own thing, sharing some meals and coming together at day's end. Can't wait to go back to the Island next year.
"Monhegan 23" acrylic on paper, 6 x 18
"Monhegan 22" acrylic on panel, 12 x 12
"Monhegan 24" acrylic on canvas, 4 x 6
"Painting Edges 18" acrylic on paper, 6 x 18
"Painting Edges 19" acrylic on paper, 6 x 18








Happy 50 years celebration to the Monhegan Museum!







A quick painting for a birthday celebration for a young girl from NYC!