"Scarborough Marsh 50"!!!

 
Painted at the Scarborough Marsh today #50 in the series!!!  Rain threatened most of the day and it was raining lightly when I left to go paint, stopped just when I got to the marsh.  Started to paint at 2pm about 50 degrees.  Took some pics of the painting in progress today, I started with Ersta paper dry mounted to foam core and applied a coat of magenta pastel to the paper.  Used a large paint brush and Spectrafix to move the pastel around and cover the paper.  Then did a drawing with a hard pastel stick and started to apply the sky colors and continued to have fun with color!  Used a small piece of foam pipe insulation to blend.  It was pretty cold with a slight wind, but I worked till almost sunset.  Took this gorgeous sunset pic of the marsh across the road.  Rewarded myself  with a walk on Pine Point Beach after painting.  I have the plein air bug real bad right now!  It's just great to be outdoors in Maine in November and painting!











"Scarborough Marsh 50" pastel, 11" x 27.5"