Millinocket Lake 2 & Logging Road Fall 1

Painted at Heartwood College of Art in Kennebunk today while gallery sitting for the Pastel Painters of Maine 12th International Juried Exhibition.  The first pastel of the day was from a photo of Millinocket Lake that I took while we were on a Moose Cruise a couple of years ago, Katahdin completely hidden by the clouds.


"Millinocket Lake 2" pastel on paper, 12 x 24


The second painting today was from a photo that I took on my first trip to Katahdin Lake in October of 2006 on the logging road to the old parking area for the Wilderness Camps.

 "Logging Road Fall 1" pastel on paper, 6 x 12, SOLD
















This is my easel set up at Heartwood to work on the first painting, some of the show paintings in the
background with resident cat!  He eventually went to sleep on my drop cloth under my easel.