Paint for Preservation for the Cape Elizabeth Land Trust "From Delano Park"

 Painted on Sunday for the Cape Elizabeth Land Trust "Paint for Preservation" plein air wet paint auction. What a glorious day! Thirty artists were juried into the event by Dennis Gleason, of Gleason Fine Art, painted all around Cape Elizabeth, creating works for an evening auction at Breakwater Farm. I was very lucky to have been placed at Delano Park. I chose a spot right at the edge of Fort Williams with Portland Head Light and Ram Island Light as my view. The day turned quite warm, but was perfect for the event. I decided to paint a very large pastel on Wallis sanded paper dry mounted to acid free foam core. I primed the surface with a coat of magenta pastel washed with Spectra Fix casein based fixative and started the drawing, I really enjoy doing large pastels on location! I also experimented with a new way of drawing and painting the rocks, great fun! The auction was a sold out event with all thirty paintings going for record prices. Thank you to CELT and my new collectors!

"From Delano Park" pastel on paper, 18" x 36", SOLD