By Daicey Pond, Maynard's Marsh


















A lovely day of painting with my dear friends Marsha Donahue and Sandy Dolan last September near Daicey Pond in Baxter State Park. I have always loved the view from this marsh and had hoped to paint here. It was quite a chilly day for mid September in the shade. The fall colors were developing nicely. We enjoyed a fun and delicious picnic at Daicey after painting, laughing and laughing!  Unfortunately, rain dripped on this painting during my trip, I finally had time to repair it and finish it up this week. I usually complete my paintings on location, but this time I did some work on it in the studio as I was removing the big rain drops! This custom framed pastel is available through North Light Gallery in Millinocket, Maine.

painting photo Jay York

"By Daicey Pond" pastel on board, 18 x 24