Cape Elizabeth Land Trust, Paint for Preservation





















July 12th was the Cape Elizabeth Land Trust's eighth annual Paint for Preservation wet paint auction, a fabulous event! Thirty juried artists painted around beautiful Cape Elizabeth on the hottest day of the year and produced beautiful work for auction that night for a gala event with 400 guests. All the paintings were sold to benefit the work of the land trust. I was assigned to Delano Park, a peaceful private neighborhood along the ocean with many John Calvin Stevens homes and beautiful gardens. I chose a spot near an ocean side park to paint. Even early in the morning, the day was hot and the sky was white. I decided to paint a large pastel on panel, so many gorgeous vistas! A lovely family invited me in to their beautiful and cool home at lunchtime, so I was able to cool off to finish my painting, thank you so much!!! They even helped to carry my gear after I finished the painting. Many nice folks in Delano offered encouragement and support. I  am happy to say that my painting found her new home in Delano too!

"Delano Park" pastel on board, 24 x 24, SOLD