Paint for Preservation, Cape Elizabeth Land Trust, Cape Elizabeth, Maine

Sunday, July 12, was the ninth annual Cape Elizabeth Land Trust (CELT) Paint for Preservation   wet paint auction at Spurwink Farm. What a wonderful event to support the land trust and the artists! Thirty artists were juried by Elizabeth Moss of Elizabeth Moss Galleries to paint in the Cape over three days followed by an auction of the work. The weather was predicted to be rainy, so I worked hard to finish my painting on the first day. CELT assigns the artist locations and for the third year I was so fortunate to be painting at Delano Park. Delano sits right along the ocean with many John Calvin Stevens designed homes . Stevens painted in this area and his work was recently shown at the Art Gallery at the University of New England in Portland, Maine. Many of the residents have supported my painting in Delano these past three years, thank you so much! And thank you to my collectors in Delano! This was my first time painting with my new Take It Easel, I've wanted one for years! I'm glad that no one saw me set it up the first time, what a riot!!! It's actually very easy, now I know!

"Delano Park 2" 2016, pastel on board, 18 x 36, SOLD

The group of thirty are amazing artists and the work done is diverse, farms, fields, beach, rocky coast and lighthouses. So grateful that the community collects and values this work.

Here are some highlights of my painting for CELT: Delano Park, Kettle Cove/Crescent Beach and Maiden Cove over my five years as a juried artist.












"From Delano Park" 2012, pastel on paper, 18 x 36, SOLD

 "Delano Park" 2015, pastel on board, 24 x 24, SOLD
"Kettle Cove 18" 2013, pastel on board, 18 x 24, SOLD
"Maiden Cove 2" 2011, pastel on paper, 11 x 27, SOLD
"Maiden Cove 1" 2011, acrylic on canvas, 24 x 24

This was my first painting for the CELT auction in 2011, after I finished this one I painted a second one, the above pastel. I decided to put the pastel in the auction. Maiden Cove 1 is still available. That was a hot day!!!!