Cape Elizabeth Land Trust Paint for Preservation

 
"Breakwater Farm Beach" pastel, 24 x 36, SOLD

 I was thrilled to be juried into the 10th Cape Elizabeth (Maine) Land Trust's Paint for Preservation wet paint auction to benefit the land trust. Thirty artists were chosen to make paintings of the trust land for the early July annual event. I was assigned to paint on private land at Breakwater Farm Road where the auction was to be held that night. A beautiful ocean side property! The landowners were lovely and I was allowed to drive my car (aka portable studio) right along the pasture to a perfect spot right by the beach with a view of Richmond Island. The weather was warm and sunny. I painted a large pastel, 24 x 36, on Ampersand Pastel Board which has the advantage of a solid surface that doesn't need a mat or backing for the plein air event. My Take It Easel holds the board very securely, even in the wind. The artists were asked to paint up to two additional small paintings for mystery box purchases, this allows more auction goers to held fund the land trust, support the artists and go home with a work of art! Buyers pick up their mystery box at the end of the auction and open it for a surprise, hoping that is one of their favorite painters' work. I painted two 10 x10 acrylics for the mystery boxes, one of Kettle Cove and the other of Pond Cove. We were also invited to paint for two days before the event, I started a large acrylic canvas, 18 x 36, but couldn't finish it before dark, I finished it yesterday and it is in my show at The Good Table restaurant on Ocean House Road in the Cape. My painting was the first one to be auctioned and I am happy to have a new collector! Thank you! and thank you to CELT for another year of this wonderful event!

"Kettle Cove 26" acrylic, 10 x 10, SOLD




 "Pond Cove" acrylic, 10 x 10, SOLD