Monhegan 4 & 5

 Last day on Monhegan!  Started the fog painting yesterday on the porch of the Monhegan House and painted in the rain until it started to blow sideways under the umbrella.  Finished it this morning in the bright sunshine.  Then pivoted my easel and painted the lighthouse view behind the Hotel.  I was told by another Hotel guest that Van Gogh painted that way too.  Sold it from the easel to a lovely couple from San Francisco, they watched me paint it from beginning to end.  I enjoy talking with people when I paint plein air.  Sold "Monhegan 1" painted from Fish Beach on my first day to their friends and traveling companions also from San Francisco.  Met and talked with so many nice people on Monhegan!  The Monhegan House is a wonderful place to stay, very comfortable, great food and service.  Looking forward to my next visit!

"Monhegan 4" acrylic on canvas, 8 x 16, SOLD



"Monhegan 5" acrylic on canvas, 10 x 20