November Drawing and Painting Challenge, Portsmouth, NH


















I was on the road today! Dropped off work at River Tree Arts in Kennebunk for jurying for the Prelude Holiday show then headed to Portsmouth to see the Holiday Show at NW Barrett Gallery on Market Street. The show looks great and the gallery has fabulous items for gift giving. I hope that folks will shop locally again this year for beautifully hand made gifts from the heart. Then I joined a group of artists from the Plein Air Painters of Maine (PAPME) to do a drawing in Market Square. So far I'm doing better on the drawing challenge than the painting challenge! At least the studio is clean and ready to go! It was very cold in Portsmouth when I started, 46, but windy and off the water. Some days it's good and some days not so good! I liked this drawing before I added the water color. I think that I was too cold and impatient when I started adding color, definitely needed a lighter touch. A good lesson, I wish that I had taken a pic before the color. The good news is that there will be another drawing tomorrow, a fresh start everyday! Here are some pics of the show at NW Barrett.