Pemaquid and Monhegan














The last weekend in May was the Pastel Painters of Maine Pemaquid Painting retreat. I always look forward to painting with my dear friends from PPOM. This was the 8th year of this event and I have been fortunate to attend seven. I decided to head to Monhegan Island directly from Pemaquid and spent three days in Monhegan House with rain and cold weather. The fourth day was beautiful and I did two paintings before heading back on the ferry. A beautiful crossing back to New Harbor, the first seals of the season, puffins and porpoises! Seven days of painting adventures!

"John's Bay 3" pastel on board, 12 x 24
"Pemaquid 25" acrylic on canvas, 12 x 24
"Pemaquid 29" acrylic on canvas, 10 x 10, SOLD
"Monhegan 12" acrylic on canvas, 10 x 10, SOLD
"Monhegan 13" acrylic on canvas, 10 x 10, SOLD