Pemaquid Painting Retreat


This past weekend was the 9th annual Pastel Painters of Maine Pemaquid painting retreat and I have been fortunate to attend eight of the retreats. We only had about an hour of sun in the four days, but we all made the best of it. Hotel Pemaquid is the perfect place to stay, a short walk to Pemaquid Point park and the Sea Gull Restaurant. The first night I painted on the Loop Road a gray foggy day, but no rain. I was happy to be by the ocean painting. Friday brought heavy mist all day, so I painted a large 24 x 24 from a photo in the Carriage House studio. On Saturday I drove to South Bristol to paint the Thread of Life, one of my favorite spots. We had a critique by Beth Newman of Yarmouth Frame and Gallery and a wonderful demo and critique by Jacob Aguiar. It was so good to see old friends and to welcome new ones, much seafood and blueberry pie were enjoyed!



"John's Bay 4" pastel on board, 11 x 14
"Pemaquid 31" acrylic on canvas, 10 x 10