SOLD Etsy Shop, Boulder 1

Thank you to my new collector from my Etsy Shop! This one shipped to Colorado. I love the view of the Flatirons from Chautauqua park. I collaged a space postage stamp on this painting as a fun visual element in the sky. I've been doing this since art school in the 70's when I was painting lots of Portland, Maine cityscapes. There always seemed to be an airplane in the sky and I wanted to find a way to add this to my work. My husband, Fred Michel, collected stamps...so then this happened! Space stamps were very popular and I bought them at a great stamp shop in the Arcade of the Time Temp building in Portland and at the post office. It's a fun visual element for me that I use occasionally in my work. Hmmmmm, maybe a new one today would be fun!

"Boulder 1" acrylic on canvas, 12 x 16, SOLD