New Brunswick 7

Finished up my painting trip on Tuesday, June 22.  In the morning I drove around Bass Harbor and ended up at Goose Cove by the pier and saw this yellow boat.  I set up at the side of the very quiet road and started to paint, soon it was 85 degrees, thank goodness for my Best Brella, much cooler under there...besieged by flies...and soon it was 2 hours later.  This painting is only 4 x 6, the whole time I kept asking myself WHY?  WHY? WHY did I paint this?  very hard to paint...but here it is.  Then I moved on to visit Bass Harbor Light and to decide to have lunch and paint at Seawall Beach in Acadia National Park.  A little cooler here, stayed to do 2 small paintings and headed for home after a quick stop at Echo Lake.  My New Brunswick painting trip lasted 7 days, 17 paintings done, 13 left at the St John Arts Centre for the Bay of Fundy Plein Air Painters show, 21.8 square feet of paintings painted, 895.6 miles driven, dozens of great people met, 1 parking ticket acquired in St John, 30 hours of sleep, 1 lobster eaten, discovered many wonderful new places, ...glad to be home after one of my biggest painting challenges yet!!!

"Goose Cove 1" acrylic on canvas, 4 x 6, SOLD
"Seawall Beach 1" acrylic on canvas, 4 x 6, SOLD
"Seawall Beach 2" acrylic on canvas, 4 x 6, NFS