Painting Acadia National Park, Cadillac Mountain and Otter Cove


Weekend trip to Mount Desert Island to pick up artwork, paint and shoot photos. We stayed in Bass Harbor at the friendly Bass Harbor Inn. The fall foliage was gorgeous, the weather sunny, rainy, foggy and cool, really beautiful! Fred talked me into painting on top of Cadillac Mountain, I was very hesitant at first as there were tons of people and that made me a little nervous. A crowd did gather around me very close, there were lots of photos taken, selfies with me behind them, photos of people taking photos of me, wow! Tourists from everywhere. I just tried to focus and keep on painting...and Fred shot some photos of me painting. I chose to paint the view of Katahdin from Cadillac.

The next day was rainy and we had a fantastic hike at Ship Harbor Nature trail and some excellent photos for future paintings. I started a small painting at Otter Cove in a soft mist, the mist grew heavier and heavier, soaked me and the painting.

On the way home, we stopped at the Center for Maine Contemporary Art to see Fred's three photograph's in the CMCA Biennial! Very exciting!!!

"Katahdin from Cadillac" acrylic on canvas, 6 x 12, SOLD
"Otter Cove" acrylic on canvas, 5 x 5, SOLD