November Drawing Challenge 6/30 and Goose Rocks Beach


















"Kennebunk Beach 8" pastel on paper, 8.5 x 11

After teaching at River Tree Arts today I went to Goochs Beach to do my daily drawing. I just had enough time before dark, it was very foggy and dusk was settling in and there were dozens of dog walkers on the beach. There was no horizon line, just fog into ocean...pleasant about 50 degrees. I wanted to do something with color today so I used a small set of pastels and handmade colored paper from India, usually I consider my pastel works paintings, but when the paper shows through like this I think they are more like drawings.

Here is my demo from my painting class today, a small one of Goose Rocks Beach, working on clouds and waves today...

"Goose Rocks Beach 3" acrylic on canvas, 6 x 8