30 Paintings in 30 Days 5/30 and 6/30 Moose View Kidney Pond, Doubletop from Barren Brook, Baxter Park

























Getting caught up on my 30 Paintings in 30 Days Project. Painted today in an annual plein air event held by North Light Gallery in Millinocket, Maine for the Trail's End Festival. Twelve artists painted all over the Katahdin and Baxter Park area today and the work will be hung in the gallery on Saturday, September 13 and the artists will walk in the parade through downtown Millinocket. My first painting spot was at Kidney Pond in Baxter Park, I hiked in to Moose View found this beautiful view of Katahdin, a perfect place.

Then I went out to the Park Tote Road and painted Doubletop Mountain. I was eaten alive by black flies! painted very quickly!

"Moose View from Kidney Pond" acrylic on canvas, 8 x 24
"Doubletop from Barren Brook" acrylic on canvas, 24 x 24, SOLD